The Ashfield Boys High School Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. We meet regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans, as well as fundraising.
The objectives of the parents and citizens are to…
- Promote the interests of the school through co-operation and parental engagement
- Encourage parent and community participation in curriculum and other education issues in the school
- Assist the teaching staff in the establishment of school policy and management in all facets of school activities
- Assist in providing facilities and equipment for the school and in promoting the recreation and welfare of the students at the school.
To continue to do this, we need your active support!
Our committee comprises a President, two vice-Presidents, Treasurer, and a Secretary. All positions are voted in at the annual general meeting, which takes place in February. To nominate or cast a vote, you must be a financial member (only 50¢ per year).
The current members of the Committee (as of 8 February 2021) are:
- President: Nicola Harrison
- Vice-Presidents: Danielle Elliott and Lucy Winters
- Secretary: Jennifer Moore
- Treasurer: Geoff Wilson
We fundraise to help the school maintain its reputation in the community and to create the best environment we can. We hold a range of fundraising events, including trivia nights, cinema screenings, BBQs, also raise funds through voluntary parent contributions.
In past years, parents and citizens has provided funds for:
- School band
- Attendance at State competitions in cycling, water polo, volleyball, surfing
- Outdoor furniture for a Year 12 social area
- A professional multi-media studio
- Library resources.
Your Parents and Citizens members represent the interests of the school at school presentations, orientation evenings and selection panels to choose the best teachers for your boys when a position becomes available.